Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall and kids...

...but no falling kids.
We are soaking up the last days of autumn before the cold hits for good.  We have seen a few snowflakes here and there recently.  Other parts of the state are blanketed in white already.
 View out the dining room window.  That barn you see was awarded the 2010 Barn of the Year by the Friends of Minnesota Barns organization this past weekend.  Hats off to my father-in-law and husband for all their preservation efforts over the years.  Further kudos to my hubby's skillful completion of the contest application.

 Still evenings make for beautiful reflections of the sunset and Paul and Sharla's farm.
If I had talent, I would put these two pictures together in a panorama.  But I don't, so pretend that the bottom picture is connected to the left border of the top picture (with quite a bit of overlap).  The distant grove of trees in the center of the bottom photo is our place.  This might give you a bit of perspective of the distance between our places if you have never been here.
Addendum:  In case you don't read the comments below, our kind friend Marshall took pity on me and my lack of effort/talent in merging the above photos.  Here is his rendering.  Thank you, Marshall!
The kids are a bit more eager for snow than their parents are.


 This is a great picture of Nora's personality right now.  She is wearing her princess skirt, which is a near daily occurrence, often over sweat pants.  She is sitting in front of the electric fireplace/heater in our kitchen, which is her favorite spot right now.  She likes to tell me that it's "nice and cozy."  She is listening to music from her little blue music box on top of the heater while dancing and watching herself in the glass.  She also has her dolly and her two "itty bitty" pigs (the specks on the floor) with her.
 Not making much progress on the potty training, but she likes to cross her legs while she sits there.
Riding bike outside today in just shirtsleeves.  These days are numbered...
 Their favorite bedtime story is this toy catalog that came in the mail the other day.  Dane has his heart set on a beautiful red toy barn!

5 comments:

Marshall said...

My meager attempt:

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/1098/sunsetd.jpg

It's fun to see you guys doing so well out there!

Mike, Amanda, Dane, and Nora said...

Thanks Marshall! Much better than my non-attempt! I keep peeking in on you and your beautiful little Audrey.

Anonymous said...

What little SWEET HEARTS. Wish I could see them more. Maybe some day'

Love G'ma S

Jen Stockwell said...

Oh my goodness that picture of Mike pulling the kids on the grass cracks me up! Miss you guys and your beautiful bunch :)

Joellyn said...

Beautiful barn, and beautiful sunset photo too! The photo of Nora in front of the fireplace so reminds of the way Sarah is. We have a fireplace here that she loves to dance in front of too :) Usually while I'm playing the piano. Dress-up and polly pockets included.

I had a dream about you the other night. You had six kids and your girls (at least 3 of them) were are perfectly done up in their ribbons and curls. I was jealous because my girls hair was always a mess. Lol ;) Must have been reading blogs right before I went to bed.