Saturday, November 27, 2010

Uff Da! Krumkake!

Last Sunday, Mike and I came across this contraption in one of our farm buildings.  I wasn't exactly sure what it was right away.
It appeared to be some sort of griddle or iron, obviously made in Norway.
So I googled Norwegian pastry, and soon found out I had a krumkake griddle in my hands.  Further searching led me to some recipes and instructions for making krumkake.
So I started making a mess.
The final results of my first batch of krumkake.
Just in time for the holidays!
Since then, I have made another batch with my sister-in-law Thanksgiving morning.  We may attempt another batch today while my parents are here.  So thankful for the closeness of family even as we miss the dear friends we have made across the years and miles.

4 comments:

{k} said...

you are so lucky! mom used to make krumkake every christmas... (shall I insert an uff da to authenticate this comment? ;))

Jenny said...

Yummy! Next time we come let's make some.

Mike, Amanda, Dane, and Nora said...

Uff da, K! Hope you get to enjoy some this Christmas. Jenny, come soon! We even made a batch the other day with Dad and Mom and ate them fresh off the griddle for breakfast like crepes!

Wrena said...

=) Norwegian huh my grandma was 100% just that now if I could wrap my hands around a griddle ;) may I ask for the recipe?
Sincerely Griddle shopper