Monday, April 16, 2012

Work and play

Saturday was a beautiful day, so Grampy drove down to our farm to put in some more hours on the playset.  We almost finished it by the time the sun set, but there are a few details remaining.  Dane helped off and on throughout the day.



This evening, Mike and I worked on a few of the remaining details while Dane and Nora played "Prince and Princess" on and around the playset.  We tried our best to keep straight faces and pretend not to hear them as their imaginations ran wild.  It was pretty difficult with some of the things they said...

Nora: "I'm just a woman that needs a prince."

After they pretended to get married once, Nora wanted to play it all over again.
Dane: "I'm only getting married once, to one person, and that's it!"

Nora kept persisting, so Dane suggested they would have to get unmarried first.
Dane: "Nora, we're not married anymore.  I took my wedding ring off and put it in the garbage.  And the garbage man already came!"

Isn't the mind of a child such an amazing thing?

We will hopefully finish the last little part of the playset tomorrow, and I will post pictures soon.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

'I'm just a woman who needs a prince' - Too, too funny! I wouldn't have been able to keep myself from laughing! :)

Deena said...

So, so funny! Loved Dane's 'married once, to one person' concept and then how convenient that the garbage man took care of the whole problem of getting 'unmarried' soon thereafter... oh my!!