Friday, September 16, 2011

Frost and a frog

 It certainly is starting to feel like fall here.  Some of the trees have started to change, and Wednesday night we got a good hard frost.  While I love fall, I'm not sure that I was done with summer yet! 
Once again, I couldn't resist snapping some pictures during my morning run.  I loved the look of the frost on these foxtails with the neighbor's frosty pasture in the background.

On Wednesday evening, after the kids were in bed, Mike called me to the kitchen to see something.  Apparently this little tree frog felt the cold setting in for the night and had somehow found its way into the house. We have seen him clinging to our patio door other evenings, but we're still not sure how he got in! Mike was a bit startled when he felt something hit him in the leg as he walked into the dim kitchen!  We put him in a jar overnight so the kids could see him in the morning.  After it warmed up a bit, I let him out into the sun and snapped these pictures before he hopped away.





This picture is unrelated, but I just love it and wanted to share it.  I snapped this picture the other afternoon as Dane was arriving home from school.  I love how Teddy has his tail up and is running to greet his buddy.  I wish I had a video of how cute Dane is as he's running home up the driveway to tell me excitedly all about his day.  So far he has adjusted very well to school and continues to love it.
 


2 comments:

Dave and Jodie said...

Great shots of the tree frog!

Jen said...

First off, I LOVE that last picture of the "end of the school day" routine! What a cute pic of the dog going to meet his buddy!! :)

Next, I wanted to comment that I love your header pic on your blog. It looks like you have a very nice place there and it makes me long to be up in farm land again (I grew up in WI).

Finally, I am impressed that you wrote about Mike being "a bit startled" over the frog jumping on his leg. I'm impressed that that was ALL you had to write about his reaction. Had it been you telling the account of MY reaction to something like that, it would probably be something like, "She was screaming hysterically while wildly running around the room!" So, kudos to Mike for keeping his cool. :)