Sunday, May 15, 2011

I take too many pictures.

Or maybe my kids are too cute, or spring is so lovely, or we live in such beautiful surroundings, and my phone camera is just too handy in my pocket.  So I go crazy, and you are subjected to various photos and ramblings.
Saturday started out very rainy, but it finally cleared up by evening.
The tulips are almost blooming.



Dane and Nora love to swing on their swingset.  Nora has been riding a non-toddler swing since last spring, so she holds on tight and Daddy gives her high pushes.

Brother too!

We went to Uncle Mark's fire department today for their pancake lunch fundraiser, and Dane got to try on Uncle Mark's helmet.
 The weather got very nice this afternoon, so we spent many hours outdoors.
The tulips finally burst open.  They are at least 3 weeks later than last year due to our cold spring.

My little farmer.  He thought he should pose like this for a picture.

We brought the kittens outside into the sun for the first time.

Pretty Posey.

Cute little Sammy.

While we were over at Grandpa and Grandma's this evening, Nora found a little block of wood in their yard and started carrying it around like a little baby.  Such a mommy!

Plum blossoms.

The two brothers tilled up two garden plots for me this evening.

My garden helper.

Garden plot #1 is planted.  Onions, radish, swiss chard, beets, carrots, sugar snap peas, green beans, potatoes, sweet corn, ornamental corn, and some zinnias so far.  I will add tomato and pepper plants later.  I hope to plant my vine  garden tomorrow with watermelon, canteloupe, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, gourds, and pumpkins.  I feel like my Grandma!

5 comments:

Joellyn said...

Wow- that is a garden to covet! Look at that rich black soil. I love all your beautiful photos of your gorgeous farm and cute kids :)

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

Great Job on the garden!!! YUM!!!

Mike, Amanda, Dane, and Nora said...

Thanks, ladies! Unfortunately, the hard part is still ahead. There is definitely no guarantee that I will reap all that I hope, but keep your fingers crossed with me! Oh, and you could come weed every now and again if you so desired!

Jessie K said...

Beautiful flowers, cute kids, lovely garden! Love it all!

Jen Stockwell said...

I'm so jealous of your giant garden patch! I'm pushing it for about a 6'x6' square in the backyard... in partial sun/shade, so we'll se how things turn out. I can't wait to see your 'harvest'!