Saturday, January 29, 2011

The princess and her brother

Just to give you a little idea of what our little girl thinks of herself:  Today she was skipping through a store as our family shopped, singing quite loudly, "I'm a princess, I'm a princess..."  She also frequently likes to remind me that she is my baby when it's convenient.  She is quite independent most of the time, but she uses the "baby" card when she feels she needs a little extra attention!

Every princess needs a crown!




Her get-up this morning included a summer shirt and skirt along with her rain boots.  She doesn't care that it is very cold outside, she loves to wear "cold sleeves" (short sleeves), or possibly a swimsuit to prepare for our upcoming week in Hawaii.  Also, she is rarely seen without a baby in tow.
Meanwhile, Dane is still enthralled with Thomas the Tank Engine.  He loves to look through these collector checklists that came with different pieces of his train set.  He has been working on reading the names of each engine by sounding out the letters in their names.  You can't see it, but these pieces of paper are each taped multiple places to hold them together!

2 comments:

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

Very cute pics! I love the recent snow pictures! How did you edit those pictures of Dane's freckles and Nora with the heart? What sort of program do you use? Also, I like Nora's "cold" sleeves. Tristan calls them up sleeves and down sleeves. :)

Mike, Amanda, Dane, and Nora said...

Thanks, Sarah! I like the up and down sleeves! I use a combination of Picasa and Picnik to edit my pictures. Picasa now has a direct link to Picnik as well.