Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Preschooler

Monday was the big day. Dane did well, barely looking back, while Daddy and Mommy choked back their tears.


In the car riding home after his first day, Dane told me, "I just want some juice in a cup, and then I'll sit on the couch and relax." I'm not certain where he picked that up, since relaxing on the couch is not a common occurrence around here!


I, Mommy, am very grateful for the web cam that allows me to peek in on him at any given moment. Even better, I can get the streaming video on my cell phone, which allows me to experience multiple surges of love in my heart during the day as I catch him running around with his new friends, playing games, or just sleeping during nap time. Oh, how we love our dear growing boy...

5 comments:

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

Ohhh...a hug for you Amanda and Mike and a special one for your big boy! And we better throw in a hug for your beautiful girl too! How cool to have a web cam that you can watch!!!

Tammie said...

So the preschool has cameras, so you can see them? That is awesome, it would be a big relief to not have to worry, you can just check on them.

Deana said...

Wow I can't believe he's gotten that big!!! :)

Stvnprl said...

Awww....Dane is growing up so fast! Grampy peeked in at preschool yesterday and Grammy is going to take a peek in at him today. Oh...I may peek several times! Hugs to you all! We miss you!

Jen Stockwell said...

Oh, what a big adjustment for you all! Your little man is growing up fast... first he's resting on the couch, next he'll be groaning about his achy back!