Saturday, August 08, 2009

Our Travels- Segment 1

On Friday, July 24th we flew in to Rochester, MN to visit Mike's sister and family who recently moved to an old 10-acre farm near Redwing. Their kids, Zachary and Ellie, are loving the country life. Here is Zach with a baby mouse they were nursing to health with an eye dropper!
Wagon ride courtesy of big cousin!
Zach and Dane check out a caterpillar.
Their actual address is the little town of Welch. This is an old mill that now serves as a launch point for tubing the Cannon River.
The tiny little post office of Welch, MN.
The lobby of the post office in its entirety. I took this from the door, no zoom.
In the beautiful town of Redwing, near the boat houses on the Mississippi River.

My favorite part of Redwing is the beautiful flowers that hang from the street lights throughout the town. As a teenager, I always told my parents that I would one day live in this town. It probably won't ever happen, but I'm glad that I have a good excuse to visit frequently!!
Melodee invited some of our nearby friends and family for a potluck while we were there. It was wonderful to see everybody without having to travel even more! Here, Dane was playing badminton with my cousin Sabrina and her daughter Jaina.
The beautiful old barn as the sun sets.
Bad(minton) boys.
Jenny and her beautiful family. I love the boots and pajamas combo her sweet boys are sporting!
The amazing playground at a park in Redwing. I had never seen anything quite this big, and we have some amazing parks in our area.
Zach holding Nora, Olivia (neighbor girl), Ellie, and Dane. What a bunch of blondies!

1 comment:

Dave and Jodie said...

I too would not mind living in Red Wing.