Thursday, February 19, 2009

Almost 3

Dane has almost perfected his wink. Watch out, ladies!!
He has been saying the funniest things recently. We started writing them down so that we can look back and laugh.


On a walk the other day- Dane: "Momma, why is that car passing us?"
Me: "Because it's going faster than us."
Dane: "Why is it going faster than us?"
Me: "Because it's a car."
Dane: "What's it doing now, Momma?"
Me: "It's turning around."
Dane: "Why is it turning around, Momma?"
Me: "Because it's a dead end up ahead."
Dane: "Why is it a dead end?" ( Do you see the pattern yet?)
Me: "You ask lots of tough questions, Dane."
Dane: "Yes, I do."


Me: "Oops. Excuse me. I just passed some gas."
Dane: "I just passed three gasses."


The other evening during our potty training crusades-
Daddy: "Dane, please stay on the potty and try to go."
Dane: "I need to stay off the potty."
We are making some slow progress here, but the battle is definitely not won yet!


Tonight, as Dane was playing around the house and narrating his play: "My ball just went over the couch, of course!"

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Hahahaha! I especially love the picture and the "I passed three gasses!" I can't wait until Jan comes home & I can tell him about that :) :)