Friday, January 02, 2009

Welcome, 2009!

We didn't brave the crowds downtown to ring in the New Year. Instead, we enjoyed a nice quiet evening at home, counting our many blessings. However, we were quite impressed with this amazing feat that occurred here at The Paris on New Year's Eve.



New Year's Day brought back some nice weather with temps in the 60's. These mountains look a bit different without all the pretty snow from a couple weeks ago.


Dane was happy to be running outside again with his new Vikings "tuque" that Jackson picked out for him.

He and Daddy headed out to the driving range in the nice weather. Here Dane tees one up.

Today, Dane played grocery store in our living room. He arranged all his groceries on the shelves, and brought baby Joey along for some shopping.

Our other little growing monkey. This is her quilt from Allysa (see previous post).

She has learned how hold her own bottle, and I didn't even know it. I got home from running some errands, so Daddy had to give her a bottle.

The words from the Jason Mraz song "Lucky" keep running through my head- "I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend..." I'm so thankful, and I wish everyone all good things for 2009.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not impressed - he hugged everybody except his fiance - as far as I could tell he flat out ignored her!

Glad to see you guys are still in love though!! :) Happy new years to you guys and we'll look forward to seeing you in a couple of months!