Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It just gets better every day.

Despite trying moments (Dane is a 2-year-old after all, and Nora has yet to establish good sleeping habits), I can honestly say that I love my children more and more each day. Sometimes I love to just stare at Nora and kiss her sweet baby cheeks. Often I feel my heart catch as Dane says something even cuter than the day before. It feels sometimes that my heart just might overflow with all my love for them. I'm so thankful for the privilege of being a Mommy.


On a walk to the park the other evening. Dane loves to run through the desert with Teddy.
Dane thought his slices of pear looked like little sailboats on his plate.
A puzzled look from Nora.
A sweet smile with that pretty little dimple. Big Brother is often on the receiving end of these big grins.
Shooting some hoops during bathtime.
Nighttime snuggles with Mommy.
Nora is definitely developing at a different pace than her big brother. He was crawling by this age, she just rolls around a bit if she feels like it! Dane would do his best to get to toys that looked exciting. Nora is more likely to just let you know (there's a reason we call her our Drama Queen)that she would like a toy- especially if Brother has just snatched it away from her. Dane had teeth before 6 months old. Nora is over 7 months old with no signs of teeth. Dane was too busy to snuggle. Nora would be happy to be held 24/7. I think it's just her way of being certain that she gets her fair share of attention with a busy big brother around the house. I'm quite happy if she stays my baby for a bit longer than her brother did. It all goes too quickly!

3 comments:

Heather S said...

You may not remember me, but I've seen you at Krisher reunions. I look at your blog once in awhile. You have adorable kids. I love this post and had to comment. There is nothing better than being a mom. Kids fill your lives with so much love and joy! We have 4 kids and I love them more every day!

Melanie said...

What a sweet post! And cute, cute kiddos! I think Nora is similar to Greta...not in a hurry to hit the milestones, but that means I've been able to enjoy my baby for longer. :)

Angie said...

Aww such sweet pictures. They are so adorable - makes me just want to pick up Nora and kiss those chubby cheeks and run a few laps with Dane :)
Have fun with Grampy & Grammy this weekend!