Sunday, January 11, 2009

Brief Update

I'm posting some pictures quick before I lay my head down- I told Grammy and Grampy I might, so I don't want them to be disappointed when they check in the morning!! We had a bit of drama here this week with Dane's first trip to the ER. We had just finished our supper Tuesday evening and told Dane we were all getting ready to go to the local rec center to shoot some hoops with Daddy. He was so excited that he starting spinning circles down the hallway (tile floors) and slipped and hit his head on a nearby door frame. I thought it was just another bump on the head (not too uncommon around here!) until we noticed the drops of blood on the floor. Just a little gash on the back of his head near his crown, but I could tell it needed some attention. Dane and I headed to the hospital and returned home three hours and two staples later. (I didn't take any pictures.) It didn't even faze him, and he's been his usual monkey self since. I guess I'm just happy that we made it almost 3 years given his activity level!
Here's our little diva all dressed up and growing so quickly.
Dane demonstrating some martial arts moves, it appears. Any wonder he knocked his noggin the other evening?
Helping Daddy feed Teddy.
Naked kiddos getting ready for bath time.
Meal time is getting a bit messier with all the fruits and veggies. Nora loves to blow raspberries about the time you get a full spoon up to her lips! We find food splatters everywhere!

5 comments:

Wrena said...

Darling! How sad about the BIG bump! So glad they heal fast! Thanks for sharing

Angie said...

Whoops! Sorry to hear about your little "visit" Dane! Glad it didn't slow you down too much :) I heard you were just disappointed you didn't get to go shoot hoops with daddy!!

Dave and Jodie said...

Jeepers Dane! Grammy and Grampy shared your story with us when we ran into them in the shopping center in Fargo. Nora - you look too cute. Hopefully we can see you sometime (ready to leave this weather for awhile)...

Melissa O. said...

wow! that is pretty good. I remember him being very active when we were there, I'm sure he is even more so now. time go so fast. Nora's already 7 months old!!! she is beautiful.

cheyest said...

Sorry about the mishap. He's just as sweet as he was when we visited you in Las Vegas and Nora is a sweetheart and many months older than Dane was when we were there.