Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Chubby Cheeks

I had another in-depth ultrasound today at 35 weeks pregnant. Baby seems to be doing well but growing quite large. By ultrasound estimates, this little one is over 6 1/2 pounds already, maybe close to 7. Because of baby's large size, they checked my glucose which was borderline high. Therefore, I have to do another glucose tolerance test tomorrow as it appears that I may have developed gestational diabetes :( . Dr. said that we will probably have to proceed with the c-section in just over 2 weeks due to baby's large size and my increased amount of amniotic fluid (risk of cord prolapse if my water broke spontaneously). Good news is that baby is doing lots of practice breathing, so s/he should be ready for this great big world soon!! We'll keep you posted!



5 comments:

Stvnprl said...

What sweet pictures!!! Love those squeezable chubby cheeks! Sounds like it won't be long 'til we meet Baby Joey, and we'll soon know if Dane has a baby sister or a baby brother!!

Lotsa Love,
Grampy and Grammy

Country Family said...

He/she is so cute already! Good luck with everything! Life is alot of fun with 2!! :)

Dave and Jodie said...

I must say this looks like Dane #2.

Melissa said...

I don't know if you know me or not, but my dad (Gary Topinka) and your dad are cousins. Anyway, I just had to leave a comment, because I love reading your blog and seeing the pictures of your adorable little boy!! If you send me an email at tmmrnak@juno.com, I'd be more than happy to add you as a reader to our blog!! Good luck with baby #2...anxious to see pictures of that little one, also!

amydee said...

All these complications will make you all the more happy when Joey makes his arrival. Hang in there! I thought his cheeks looked squeezable too : )