Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Home Improvement

Sorry for a little delay in updating. I had to dig through the layers of dust throughout our house to find our computer and camera! This past weekend, we decided to tackle the project of completely retiling our house. Friday and Saturday were spent taking out our old tile and chipping away the adhesive underneath. Now we have a beautiful 750 square feet of dusty concrete floor!! Our old tile was in acceptable shape, but it was rather unattractive and showed every little bit of dirt, food, and whatever else finds its way from Dane's fingers to the floor! Plus, the grout was getting pretty disgusting. Here are some pictures of Dane attempting to help Daddy hang some drop cloths. The tile actually looks pretty nice here, but these photos are deceptive. (Dane also looks very sweet and innocent here, unlike the little toddler who frequently wages wars of will with us! Just kidding- he's really quite a sweet little boy!)

He got such a laugh out of Daddy hoisting him above the cabinets to peek over at Mommy. This picture also shows our white tile countertops. These will soon be gone as well. These also are not in real bad shape, but who ever decided to use tile for kitchen countertops? What a nightmare to keep the grout clean! I can't wait for a solid surface to wipe down easily!Here are some of our new unlaid tiles and a sample of the granite we will be using on the countertops. Both were chosen mainly on the fact that they should hide dirt well. I should be able to get away with only cleaning once a year now! (Just kidding!)
Dane and Daddy took a break from all the inside work to mow the lawn together. (Disclaimer- for any of you with safety concerns, Mike was not actually mowing here! We always keep Dane away from the operating lawnmower!)


6 comments:

Wrena said...

AIN'T that the color we all need!! Hey, today I could use one of those lawn job too, just before wed. meeting how much does Dane charge? I be he is worth every sent sure looks like a good job to me!

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I've been able to do the "rounds" haha

1. Congrats on the triathlon successes. Here all I thought you guys ever did was sit around and take photos of Dane, but apparently you do other things as well ;)

2. I want a relative(or close to it anyway) who can teach me to surf. Then I want weather,beaches and water where surfing would be worthwhile to learn!!

Anonymous said...

Oh and

3. What's with all the home improvement lately? Even Keith is getting in on the act. I gotta keep Sara away from your sites or my hammock time might get cut down.....

Dave and Jodie said...

Lovin' the shiny Werner ladder!

Alissa said...

I like the colour of your tile and counter top that you have picked out- very nice! Dane is such a cutie patootie and he's getting so big! I'm wishing I lived closer so I could meet this little man!

Unknown said...

I was shocked to see Dane mowing...I understand that this is just a 'joke.' However, Mike and Dane should be wearing safety glasses, long pants, shirts with sleeves that are 3" long and leather boots. How can Dane learn without a good safety example.

-Safety Brian