Saturday, February 25, 2012

More February fun

Here are some pictures from the past couple of weeks.  We had a pretty uneventful Valentine's Day, enjoying our time at home with a visit from Sarah and Martha.  Some of the following photos are from Sarah, but I'm just clumping them all together.

Nora really got into making Valentines this year.  It was fun to watch her creativity blossom, but not quite as fun to pick up all the paper scraps and glitter and clean the glue off my tables!



This is the hairdo I meant to attempt on Valentine's Day, but I didn't get around to it until a few days later!  Still cute...

This picture just cracks me up.  I wanted a nice picture of the kids with the cakes I made for our Valentine's supper.  I'm glad they didn't cooperate!

The loves of my life.  I am so lucky!


Sarah and Nora became good friends.

We took a walk to Grandpa and Grandma's to deliver their Valentines, but they weren't home.  Sarah got these cute pictures anyway!

 Mike has been working on our stairway, installing new sheetrock over the 7 (yes, 7!) layers of wallpaper that were there.  We had already painted the walls and ceilings when I mentioned, in the presence of my dad, that I wished the landing upstairs had an outlet.  He pored over options for a week and came back with supplies to make it happen!

Hard at work.
Last weekend, we noticed some activity in an open area of the creek in our pasture.  The minnows were thick, and bigger northern pike had moved in to eat their fill.

Cane fishing, anyone?

One busy little girl lives here!
Our sweet orange kitties.  The one on the left is Sunny, the daddy cat, with his offspring Rascal.  These two are hard to tell apart at first glance, and they seem to often hang out together.

Emilio and his ladies are still doing quite well out in their coop.  It is fun to hear him crowing in the morning- not loudly enough to hear in the house, thankfull!
Every now and then we get a purple speckled egg!

1 comment:

Deena said...

That is one beautiful egg! Last picture gets first comment, but not most important one... so YOU'VE got our Sarah these days! We loved having her in CA, got to spend 2 weeks together @ Hawaii preps/ conv & sure loved getting to know her. Please tell her hi from Deena & Pete.

And Nora's little heart ponytails are too cute!