Friday, September 17, 2010

The weeks go by...

I am getting a bit behind with some of the pictures I should have posted long ago.  I took these of Nora over a month ago, right before our neighbor cut the alfalfa.
Doesn't she look like a little mommy? Baby over one shoulder, blanket over the other, and phone in hand!
My parents came the last weekend in August, and my mom kept our kitchen busy the whole time!  Fresh grape jam and juice, fresh salsa, and candied crab apples.
Matching aprons custom-made by my cousin.
Little mommy again!
These cats are so forbearing...
The wildflowers continue to bloom along the roadsides, and my hubby often brings me a bouquet.  Lucky me!
My brave Mike tackled painting the cupola of the barn a few weeks ago.  I hope he doesn't have to do it again soon- I don't think my heart could handle watching much more!

Nora decided that a little green pumpkin might taste good, so she took a bite or two!
"Daddy, are you sure Mommy's not home?  You know we'd be in trouble if she caught us!"
And Grandpa and Grandma got a new baby this week.  Meet little Elsie, an adorable golden lab about 7 weeks old! (Thank goodness they never get online, or Grandma might scold me for posting a picture of her in her rollers!)

1 comment:

sabrina said...

Oh the simple pleasures in life.....makes for such happy times. Love your posts of your new life on the beautiful farm!