Monday, July 20, 2009

A girl and her chair.

Years ago, I had a special little rocking chair. I loved to rock my babies and pretend I was a little Mommy!
A few years ago while we were still living in Idaho, I came across a chair just like it in a second-hand shop. Of course, I had to buy it! Until now, we had been using it as Dane's "time-out" chair. This weekend, our very mobile little girl made a discovery! This chair is just her size, and she spent a lot of time just getting up into the chair, then getting back down, walking away, turning around, walking back to the chair, getting back up.... you get the picture!



Guess we'll have to find something else for time-outs! Or maybe our children will now always be perfectly well-behaved and never need another time-out! (Ok, now I'll pick myself back up off the floor after laughing myself silly!)

3 comments:

Dave and Jodie said...

What's a time out? :)

Joellyn said...

Adorable. That chair looks identical to your original. How cool is that? Congrats to Nora on the walking!

Anonymous said...

Very cute to find one like your old one. It makes it extra special. I'm sure your cuties rarely need any time outs! :)