Saturday, November 01, 2008

Tricky treats

My little pumpkin the day before Halloween.
An attempted picture with Nora on Dane's lap. He escaped shortly after this was snapped, and Nora was left wondering what happened!
There's a cute little elephant loose in our backyard!
Another attempted photo of the kiddos together. This was the best I could get!
Mommy and her little peanut.
Some redneck with the same sweet peanut. I honestly could not get close to Mike when he was wearing this wig. The mullet just isn't for me!!
Candy snatcher! We started out with all this candy plus a few more bags that our friends brought, and we gave it all away! We get so many trick-or-treaters in our neighborhood because the street behind us does a special Halloween theme every year.
Some of our evening guests: pink poodle Trelise.
Trinity, the cutest little witch of the West.
Spiderman Jhett and his hippie parents.
The "Poo Kids on the Block" rock band.
I didn't get any pictures of Bryanna and Ellie, but they joined us too!
Here is an idea of what the line outside our door looked like most of the night. Even the parents dress up.
One of our favorite home-made costumes.
Midway through the evening, this scary man came to the door. He was initially amongst a large group of little kids, and I couldn't help noticing that he appeared to be a little too old for trick-or-treating! He also didn't have a candy bag. He simply held out his hand for a piece of candy, then walked into the house after Mike placed some in his hand. As my jaw dropped, my brother Ben removed his mask! I got both a trick and a treat!!
We took the kids out for a little trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. Dane had to show Uncle Benny the green mummy.
As I was attempting to make this post around midnight last night, someone suddenly tapped me on the shoulder and surprised me yet again! Somehow Mike and Ben had snuck Sarah in as well without my knowledge. Ben had pretended to be asleep in his room and went to pick her up at the airport. I literally fell on the floor in surprise, and I think Sarah was almost as surprised by my response. We are in for a fun weekend!!

No comments: