Monday, November 03, 2008

Not so bad...

If I had known that turning 30 would be so fun, I may have done it sooner! My amazing hubby completely outdid himself to make sure that I had the most memorable birthday in my life. When he said he had some surprises set up for me, I was envisioning some awful "over the hill" surprise party. (I should have known better, since he always treats me like a queen!) After Surprise #1 and Surprise #2 arrived on Friday night (see previous post), here is how the rest of the weekend played out. We had a lazy Saturday morning until Mike gently told me I should probably get showered and dressed to leave the house by 10:15. Sarah and I went to pick up Renee who directed us to the Angel's Touch Spa for about three hours of bliss. They had this chocolate fountain and goodies waiting for us between massages, pedicures, and facials for all three of us!
Best friends.
Enjoying the goodies.
We got home mid-afternoon and just hung out for a while before Mike told me to start thinking about being dressed up and ready to leave the house again by 6 pm. Wow- what next!?! I was still in the bathroom putting on my "finishing touches" when the doorbell rang. I assumed it was our neighbor Allysa coming to baby-sit until I heard Dane excitedly talking about a "limo." He wasn't confused- there it was waiting out front! He took pictures before we climbed in and headed to pick up Jeff and Renee.
How could I not adore this guy?!?
We ended up at the Mirage for dinner at Onda, an Italian restaurant.
Sarah and Ben.
Renee and Jeff.
Mike and me with a delicious birthday dessert.
After dinner, we went to see Love, Cirque du Soleil's tribute to the Beatles. One word: Amazing!
Following the show, we headed over to Jeff's parents place for a soak in their hot tub and some more birthday cake.
Before meeting on Sunday, Dane and Mike decided to bake me yet another cake that Mike's sister Melodee had sent. Dane was a big help!!
Frosting the cake.
The finished results! We had a very low-key pizza supper here last evening with Jeff and Renee, and Jason and Amy before this cake.
Ben had to fly out at midnight last night, and I dropped Sarah off at the airport this morning on my way to work. A very fun, very memorable, and very tiring weekend. Now I better catch some zzzz's. By the way, anybody count how many cakes I had this year? Four!!! Looks like the gym will be expecting me!! Thanks to my wondeful hubby, family and friends for an amazing weekend!!

10 comments:

Jeff & Aleigh said...

Wow!!! You really do have an amazing husband!!! I'm glad he made your 30th bday a memorable one!!

Miranda said...

You have one GREAT hubby!! So lucky!! :) I am glad you had a great 30th birthday!! This post got me excited for our weekend in Vegas coming up!! :)

amydee said...

Sounds like a girl's dream weekend! Doesn't it feel grown-up (in a good way) to finally be 30?

Smoxie said...

I love that look Dane has in the last picture... kind of like the one from Hodenattes.

I think he may have thought people were singing happy birthday to him.

Thanks for the great weekend!

Stvnprl said...

Yep....for sure, Mikey is an over achiever!! But, how in the world could we have a daughter that is already 30? Sure wish we could have celebrated with you too. We're looking forward to our visit in a couple weeks!

Love you all!
Dad and Mom

Anonymous said...

Amanda, Happy Birthday! Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Mike, you did an amazing job! We miss you guys!

Dave and Jodie said...

Anderson, you set the bar way too high! Wait! I'm 30 before Jodie, hope she starts planning soon!

Pharmgirl said...

Finally we get the details!!! I've been dying to hear how your day went. I've gotta say that this was my very best birthday in memory too. I too spent several hours at a spa and enjoyed a surprise party surrounded by friends! We're two lucky gals to have so many wonderful people who love us and understand us and send us to the spa ;-)

Angie said...

You do have one amazing husband! That's great, you deserve it ;) Glad you had such a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl...just read about your bday...that is soooo sweet!! Tell Mike I am very impressed :) Miss you girl!
"Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Amanda, Happy Birthday to you!" :)