Thursday, July 24, 2008

FYI

Just a quick little note for any of you mommies out there who might be interested... Renee was at Babies "R" Us the other day and noticed a woman returning a whole bunch of bottles. She happened to ask about it, and a store employee confirmed that they would take back any old bottles containing BPA and give store credit for them. The only stipulations are that it must be a type of bottle sold at Babies "R" Us, and the bottles have to be complete. The bottles didn't actually have to be purchased at Babies "R" Us, and you don't need a receipt or anything. Sounds too good to be true, but I took in all my old Avent bottles that I had used with Dane, and I got $41 store credit today! They even accepted one bottle that had covers but not a nipple. You may want to check with your local store first, especially if you're making a special trip just to return bottles, but it's worth your time and effort if you have more than a couple of bottles. I checked the official Babies "R" Us website, and they don't have anything under their recall notices about this, but it worked here. Hopefully this will be helpful for somebody else out there, too!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Thanks for posting this info. I have about 10 Dr. Brown bottles in various sizes that I haven't known quite what to do with. I'll be calling to find out.