Saturday, August 04, 2012

Minnewaska Triathlon


My loving and very fit husband agreed to do the Minnewaska Triathlon with me earlier this year.  Today was the day we had been training for.  The race consisted of a 400 yard swim, 11.1 mile bike, and 2.5 mile run. 
On the way to the race.

Before the race, still waking up!
Our beautiful pink swim caps.  This is my friend and coworker Julie, who allowed me to talk her into making this her first (but not last) triathlon.

Ready to start the swim.

Coming out of the lake to transition to the bike.

Almost done with my bike ride.
Nearing the finish line.  Not an extremely flattering photo...

Ahhh... sweet finish!

Mike beat my by 12 seconds.  He had actually finished about 12 minutes ahead of me, since he started in a separate heat. We ended up finishing 35th and 36th out of 157 finishers, even though we didn't run together!  Mike finished 11th out of 24 in the men's 30-39 division, and 29th out of 95 men overall.  I finished 4th out of 25 in the women's 30-39 division, and 7th out of 72 women overall.

We are already looking forward to next year.

Official results can be found here.  Search last name Anderson to find our results.

2 comments:

Jessie K said...

You guys are awesome! :)

{k} said...

Wow! Fabulous work, both of you!