Wednesday, March 25, 2009

3 years ago...

Three years ago this morning, I crawled out of bed shortly before 7:30 to use the bathroom (one of many trips since I had gone to bed the night before). I headed back to bed and snuggled up to Mike, as close as I could get with my big baby belly. I remember thinking I was going to lounge as long as possible since we knew that I would be induced the next evening. It would be our last Saturday morning without a baby, so I might as well enjoy it. Moments later, my water broke, and we were on our way to the hospital. My fluid had meconium in it, so there was some concern to move the process along. My body was not in agreement, and nothing happened the first 2 hours in the hospital. Therefore, the pitocin drip was started. Things still progressed rather slowly, and I didn't start pushing until almost 5 pm. My doctor started noticing some concerning decelerations and soon we were on the way to the OR for an emergency c-section. Because my epidural had worn off too much and time was of the essence, I ended going under general anesthesia at the last moment. Dane was brought into the world at 5:40 pm and was soon wheeled out to meet Daddy before heading to the nursery to be cleaned up. A beautiful, healthy, 7 pound 11 ounce baby boy! I finally came to a few minutes later and immediately asked Mike if we had a boy or girl. I remember being so excited to have a little boy since we knew that Jeff and Renee were expecting a little boy in a few months. Best buddies-t0-be! My blood pressure needed to be monitored closely for a few hours, so I didn't get to hold my baby until almost 10 pm. The sweetest moment in my life-
Now three years later, my little man blows out his own candles on the cake Grammy made him today.
On Sunday we had a party for all Dane's buddies. Here is his cupcake cake- chocolate of course!
Lunch at the little people table.
Opening presents is a group effort!
We're still trying to find room for all the wonderful gifts Dane received. I'm sure Grammy and Grampy will post more pictures later. They have been here since Friday, and we all have been loving it! We will be sad to see them leave on Friday morning, as they head back to North Dakota in hopes that their house is still on dry ground!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Has it really been three years? Wowee!
Happy Birthday Dane! Wish we could be there to celebrate with you.

Wrena said...

JD birthday! WHA HOO! Now thats a way to party!!!

Jessica said...

Happy Bday Dane!! Love the JD Balloon! =0)