Saturday, April 07, 2007

Las Vegas Grand Prix

Yesterday Mike and I had the opportunity to take in some of the Las Vegas Grand Prix events. Mike's organization took some of their students to the race course, pit areas and other attractions. I was able to catch a few of the practice rounds before and after my work day. The course was set up on the regular Las Vegas downtown streets. They put up protective fences along the entire course. We had a pretty good vantage point from the grandstand on an overpass. The cars were moving right along a good straightaway toward us, but they slowed them down with a chicane just before they went under us. The pit entrance was to the right hand lane just below us. This first picture was the Atlantic series practice round in the morning.





This shot was from the Historic Grand Prix practice round in the late afternoon. These cars were each a little different as they were from the 1960's to the present. However, at their fast speeds, they all looked pretty similar to me!

A little video- mostly to demonstrate the noise!

2 comments:

amydee said...

Hi!
I love "catching" up with you on your blog. I think Dane looks a lot like Zachary. Greg caught some of the Grand Prix set-up action Friday nite. The boys and I are anxious to get there for a visit!
-Amy

Anonymous said...

fun stuff!